Sunday, May 4, 2014

DIY: Adventure Notebook


I love little notebooks, I usually have 2 notebooks in my purse at all times. One of those is a journal and the other I use for quotes or doodles. I've been wanting to make my own little notebook for awhile now and I finally made one and could not believe how easy it was. 

Here is what you'll need to make your own Adventure Notebook: 
1 piece of card stock
5 pieces of paper
scissors 
thread
needle 
1 tack
paints or coloring supplies 

First I needed to decide what I wanted my notebook cover to be, this was the fun creative part for me. It can be as simple or as detailed as you decide. You could write out a cute quote or make a fun design. 

Step 1: Fold your card stock in half and design away. Below was what my cover looked like before I painted it. You can also print out an image if you don't feel very artsy. 


Step 2: Fold your 5 pieces of paper in half then trim them down about an inch on the top and bottom. 


Step 3: Take your tack and poke 5 holes along the seem of your cover. Line up your paper and do the same. 


Step 4: Start at the bottom hole and sew up and then back down. There's not secret method you just weave in and out. 


Step 5: Once you get to the bottom where you began, you will tie the two strings together and cut of any excess. 


Step 6: Plan your next Adventure! 




I'm sure i'll be making more of these in the future! 

2 comments: