Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Shenanigans


Happy Easter Friends and Family! I hope your day has been filled with joy and celebration. HE IS RISEN...HE IS RISEN INDEED!!!! We spent a lovely weekend with my brother-in law, sister-in law and nephew. We ventured to the West Edmonton mall and we all left completely exhausted but not without a few new clothing items of course! 


As I was sitting in church today, I realized I wore this exact same shirt last Easter. Below is my Instagram from last year, it's crazy how much has changed since then and yet I still picked almost the exact same outfit. LOL. Also, please note my pin in place of a missing button. 


This afternoon Stephane and I went on a walk. It was a nice day today, the weather was in the 50's and we figured we should get out of the house for a bit. Everything started off well, we were making our way around the block taking pictures along the way. 


Stephane thought it would be fun to walk along the train tracks and try to make our way back home that way. I was a little reluctant at first, afraid a train would sneak up on me and kill me but I agreed and off we went down the tracks. Steph took this silly little video while we were venturing along the tracks. 




Everything was going well until I realized we need to cross a muddy field to get back to the main road where our development was. As we began crossing, Stephane seemed to have no problem walking on the mud he was only slightly sticking. I on the other hand sunk right in to the mud and my shoes got completely stuck. Watch the video my wonderful husband documented to see me in a moment of distress and humor. #thestruggle



We went back to the tracks to search for dry ground. Luckily we did find a "dryer" way across!  


I think it's safe to say I need some new shoes, i'm glad these were only like $5. 


Through it all we had so much fun, and had big smiles on our faces in the end. It made for a great Easter memory. A little adventure always does me good! 


If I learned any lesson today it was this: 
Don't always take the road less traveled, you may lose a pair of shoes in the process. 
Happy Easter ya'll :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment