Sunday, June 1, 2014

DIY: Flower Crowns


We spent the afternoon in the park today, we sat underneath a tree that was showering down flower pedals on us. That alone was absolute perfection. To add to the fun we made flower crowns, ate sandwiches and had a whimsy time with our close friends. 

I never realized how simple it was to make dandelion crowns so I thought I would share it with you. 

To start you will need to gather a handful of dandelions, we had a few small helpers that we're glad to go running and pick all the dandelions for us! 


Step 1: Make a small slit in the stem with your nail and poke the dandelion thru. 
Step 2: Pull the stem all the way thru and repeat process on the stem you just added. 


Continue the process till it's big enough for you to wear and combine the flowers to make your crown! 


Maybe it's just me, but there is something about crowns (especially ones made of flowers) that make a girl feel beautiful. I'm dying over all the whimsy...I can't take it!!! 
Also, I wasn't joking when I said it rained flower pedals on us. Canada is a little late to this whole spring thing, I feel like everywhere else has already moved onto summer. But i'm not complaining everything is blooming and everything is beautiful. Here are a few more pictures from our day in the park. 


Being outside under a canopy of tree's with people I love...i'm definitely in my happy place!  

No comments:

Post a Comment