Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Quinoa Egg Muffin Bites


I'm pretty stoked about these little egg bites I made today, they are honestly so yummy and healthy! I'm always looking for delicious foods that are still good for you. Eating healthy is hard and not always very fun, I would probably never look at a bowl of veggies and say "YUMM those look delicious." I am trying to love my body more and give it food that's nourishing and will make me feel great afterwards. These mini egg muffin bites are hopefully a step in the right direction. 

Here is what you need to make them: 

  • 4 strips of Bacon
  • 4 eggs
  • Quinoa (I made 1/2 cup)  
  • 1/2 cup chickpeas (I use dried chickpeas that I previously cooked) 
  • Salsa 
  • Cheese
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
  • Dried Basil
  • Coconut Oil
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cook your quinoa, I added salt and pepper and dried basil to it.  
  3. Cook bacon, I like mine crispy (BACCONNN DROOOL). 
  4. With a fork mix together your eggs.
  5. Add a few scoops of salsa and a small handful of cheese to your eggs.
  6. Add a pinch of salt, pepper and dried basil to egg mixture.
Here is what my egg mixture looked like once I added all ingredients. 
7. Oil muffin tin with coconut oil.
8. Take cooked quinoa and scoop a little into each cup (See picture below). 


9. Pour egg mixture over quinoa into each cup. 


10. Then drop a few chickpeas and bacon pieces into each cup! 


11. Pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. (I had enough to make 2 trays of mini egg muffins) 
12. ENJOY! 


No comments:

Post a Comment