Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Quinoa Burrito Bowl


People often ask me what my go-to meals are, well this is one of them. It's quick, easy, delicious and healthy. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand so thats helpful. 

Here's how I made it. 

Cook quinoa and chicken with peppers. 


Heat up black beans and corn. I use dried black beans that I have previously cooked. 


Chop up cilantro. 


Throw it all together and ENJOY! 

Quinoa Burrito Bowl
Ingredients:
  • Chicken
  • Quinoa 
  • Black Beans
  • Corn
  • Green Peppers
  • Cilantro
  • Salsa
  • Lime Slice 
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Paprika
  • Chili Powder
  • Cumin 
Directions:
  • Cook Quinoa (add a sprinkle of garlic powder, pepper and cumin to water) 
  • Cut up chicken and season it with Paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper (season to taste). 
  • Cook chicken on the stove, on medium heat until all the pink is gone. 
  • Chop up green peppers and add them to the chicken when chicken is half way done. 
  • Warm black beans and corn, season to taste with chili powder and cumin. 
  • Chop up cilantro for garnish. 
  • Put everything together in a bowl top with salsa, cilantro and a lime slice. Add cheese or sour cream if desired. 
It's so quick and easy and delicious, did I mention delicious :) 

PS: sorry I don't measure anything I just throw stuff together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment