People often ask me what my go-to meals are, well this is one of them. It's quick, easy, delicious and healthy. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand so thats helpful.
Here's how I made it.
Cook quinoa and chicken with peppers.
Heat up black beans and corn. I use dried black beans that I have previously cooked.
Chop up cilantro.
Throw it all together and ENJOY!
Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- Black Beans
- Green Peppers
- Lime Slice
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cook Quinoa (add a sprinkle of garlic powder, pepper and cumin to water)
- Cut up chicken and season it with Paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper (season to taste).
- Cook chicken on the stove, on medium heat until all the pink is gone.
- Chop up green peppers and add them to the chicken when chicken is half way done.
- Warm black beans and corn, season to taste with chili powder and cumin.
- Chop up cilantro for garnish.
- Put everything together in a bowl top with salsa, cilantro and a lime slice. Add cheese or sour cream if desired.
It's so quick and easy and delicious, did I mention delicious :)
PS: sorry I don't measure anything I just throw stuff together.