Thursday, February 27, 2014

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

I love chickpeas! I usually put them in salads because they're tiny and delicious. I saw on Pinterest that people were roasting chick peas and ever since i've been wanting to try it. 

First off when they were in the oven they smell heavenly, seriously so yummy! I had chickpeas already made, I buy them dried b/c its cheaper and you get a lot more for your money(you can use the canned chickpeas though). I then laid them on a paper towel to get the water off. 

Then I put them in a mixing bowl with:
Olive Oil
Salt
Peper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Chilli Powder
Cumin 
Red Pepper Flakes 

I don't measure things, so just do it to taste. They turned out pretty spicy.
Set the oven to 400, and put them in for 30 minutes. 

Since it was my first time making them, i'm not sure how they are supposed to turn out. Mine were crunchy but not hard.  

They're a yummy little snack, and much better for you then a bag of chips. 
Perfect snack to curl up on the couch with your fuzzy socks on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment