Friday, February 7, 2014

First Tattoo

I've officially been tatted. I've been wanting a tattoo for a long time now but could never decide on one thing that I wanted on my body forever. Thats a lot of pressure.
But then I picked something and about 3 months went by and I still was hyped on it and knew that I wanted it to be my first tattoo. 

For my birthday I told Stephane, that he should pay for me to get a tattoo and that's exactly what he did! 

I was so scared on the way to get my tat, I was trying to keep my anxiety down but i'm not one to play it cool in these kinds of situations. 

We walked into the shop, and I was glad to see that it was a cheery place with lots of light. I met the girl doing my tattoo, her name is Jen. She made me feel at ease almost instantly, probably bc she was so friendly and not intimidating at all.

She drew up some font ideas and I had her change them twice and ended up going with the original font that I had brought in LOL... typical me.

We went to the back and she put the stencil on. I wasn't happy with the first placement, it was just a little farther down my arm then I wanted. So we moved it up higher and I instantly knew that, that was what I wanted!

And then off she went, I took a deep breath and clenched my fist as she drew the first line. I'm not going to lie I thought it hurt. The best part though was that it honestly only took 1 minute hahaa. All this stress and it ended up being the shortest thing ever.

For anyone who hasn't gotten a tattoo and wants to know what I thought it felt like, well it feels like your being stabbed with needles HA. But really if you've ever accidentally pricked yourself with a safety pin, well thats what it feels like but over and over again.

I knew I could never get a big tattoo for my first one. Also, everyone says now that I got one I will want more and more but I currently am not itching to get anything else done. Maybe in the future but not anytime soon.

I am so happy with how my tattoo turned out. It's exactly what I wanted! It's special to me and that's what matters.

Hope you enjoy my pictures and the faces I made :)
Like I said, i'm not really one to play it cool. 
 
Right after she finished, all wrapped up. 
Random Selfie





2 comments: