Monday, May 9, 2011

Morning

This morning i took a walk, music played in my ears drowning out the passing cars. My feet moved swiftly, pounding the pavement to the new beat. I found myself in a used bookstore. Shelves fully stacked with endless novels, piles upon piles of stories awaiting a young lass like myself to dive into the filled pages. I ended up with 3 buys. The first pick is dear to my heart and brings back a flood of memories, The Box Car Children: Mystery Ranch by Gertrude Chandler Warner. My Second find was a most delightful one, its called Adventures in the Open...published in 1935. It's brilliant. Last yet far from least, i dug through the stacks of books lifted up a few boxes and there it was at the bottom, staring me in face saying "i've been waiting for you, it's about time." This one in particular i have very much anticipation to read. I am currently a wee bit in love with the movie. It's none other than Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The journey home began, smile plastered upon my face and a glimmer in my eye. Success was mine!

2 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is by far my most favorite love story EVER. I'm sure you've been watching the Keira Knightly version of the movie, but the best version - in my opinion - is the BBC one (or A&E) with Colin Firth. It's about 5 hours long and does a good job of pretty much covering the whole story. The Keira Knightly version skips ALOT of the book, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, i've been wanting to watch the 5 hour version ALL year, but haven't had the chance.

    ReplyDelete