Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Goodwill Gems

I am a huge fan of Goodwill. Actually Steph and I probably go there at least once or twice a week if not more. I surprisingly feel at peace there, I can just wander through the isles and feel care free. Whether i'm searching for clothes, movies, books, picture frames, furniture or decorations I just can't get enough. They have new things every time I'm there and it's the best. Today I found a gem. I came across this sequins crop top and I think it's perfect. I really wanted a shirt like this around Christmas and New Years but didn't want to spend more than $10 on one, especially around the holidays when money is tight. I new exactly what I would pair it with, so when I came home I had to try on the outfit (it's a girl thing)! It's not your everyday shirt but i'm glad its been added to my wardrobe. 

$5 at Goodwill 

I'm pretty happy with it, I would also pair it with black skinnies or add tights to this outfit! I had to put on some red lips, it only seamed fitting. 

My next purchase was from a few weeks back, I bought this army jacket. This was one of those buys that I liked better in the store and then after bringing it home realized it wasn't the best fit on me. The shoulders were too big and it made me look boxy, not sure if you can tell in the picture below. I had the idea of cutting off the arms and trying it as a vest. I figure, i'm not going to wear it as a jacket so lets hope a vest looks better. It does!!! Praise the Lord, i'm not sure i'm completely done with it though, I thought of adding studs or something "cool" like that. I will definitely play with this one too and try putting it over different looks. This is just what I threw on after cutting it to see if I liked it. 




Let me know your thoughts on the sequins top and the vest! I'm still trying to decide if i should cut the shoulders on the vest in more. I just cut along the seem and wonder if I should make the shoulders a little thinner. Any thoughts? 

Hope you had a great day and may your Goodwill trips be as blessed as mine! 

1 comment:

  1. The sequined top and skirt look so cute! What a great find - I'm not a very good second hand store shopper, but I would like to get better! And great idea cutting off the sleeves on the army jacket - so fun!!!

    This is my first time checking out your blog, it's great!
    Xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete